They say the best years of your life are the years spent in college.. and they are correct about that! “Adulting” as we say it is just a shorter word for doing normal things like paying bills, doing your own laundry and working a 9-5 job. College ends and adulting begins, some might find this new change to be exciting while others dread it. I have always worked my whole life so I jumped into the adult life pretty easy. You can’t stay up until 2:30 am or drink more than a glass of wine on a weekday without feeling regret in the morning. I am here now to give some tips on how to survive the early years of becoming an adult right out of college.
- GO TO BED BEFORE 11:00 AM~ I kid you not this will save you from a long day of work the next morning.
- Meal Prep~ I found out early on that going to lunch with co-workers everyday becomes expensive and bringing a lunch saves you more money for the weekend.
- Workout in the morning ~ It may seem dreadful at first but it gives you so much more energy for the day
- Read a book or 10 ~ Reading helped me feel more sophisticated and let me expand my education after college
- Ask a lot of questions ~ this is something I am very good at ( surprise). The more questions you ask the more you know and it shows initiative!
Adulting isn’t all that bad, you just need to get the hang of it! I’m so excited for this point in my life because the opportunities are endless.